Jan 8, 2019 10:33:10 GMT -6
Post by Oras Aventra Auro on Jan 8, 2019 10:33:10 GMT -6
Name of Species: Aquatic Atranoch
Baseline Dimension: Atranoch's are unique as they do not exist within the realm of Reality. Nor do they exist within the realm of Surreality. Their body can be whatever they wish it to be. Their realm they designed to be a mixture of both reality and surreality. They enjoyed the idea of the natural elements of reality, and thus based their world and bodies off of those. However they can also morph and shape their body, and their world, however way they see fit with their experience from surreality. When they are summoned into reality their body becomes truly physical. Despite this, they can still take whatever shape, size and appearance they wish to take, including having abnormal appendages. They have their true form, which is a body entirely made up of their appropriate element, as well as their human form. Each form can be whatever height or weight they desire to be.
Baseline Appearance: While the appearance they take on varies depending on the personality of the Atranach, most tend to choose colors and appearances that is similar to their specific element. Aquatic Atranoch's in particular tend to have different shades of blue for their hair, eyes, and/or any tattoos and clothing. Their true form is automatically water, which can be a pure blue, dark blue, light blue, or one of these mixed with green. This is not to say that Atranoch's won't choose a style or color that doesn't fit with the aquatic element, but to see an Atranoch do so is somewhat unusual and unique.
Culture/Origin of Species:
-Home World: Most species tend to come from Reality. A dimension in which there are laws of nature that keep everything in order. Stable. Flowing. And there are a few species that come from Surreality. An opposite or reverse dimension of Reality where anything is possible. Nothing is set or unchanging. These two dimensions rarely cross paths other than in the dreams of those in Reality. However there is another dimension that rests between the two of them, acting as a wall which keeps the two from clashing together. This dimension is known as Elentros (meaning neither). Within this dimension the Atranoch observed both Reality and Surreality. Learning what they could and building their worlds from their experience. They created whole worlds made of physical matter after having observed what matter was and how it worked in Reality, but also designed it loosely so that it could be changed however way they needed it after watching events in Surreality. Slowly but surely they developed their own world and system unique to either realms. They were even able to create their own forms rather than just be a thought or state. Though even then they did not have a true physical body. For they were still between dimensions.
The Aquatic Atranoch's had created their own world separate from the other elements. As one would imagine it, the world is of water, however the water in Elentros (or more specifically the world of Aquatic Atranoch's) is different. There are many varieties of them. Their water can be physical at will. Waters that have life and essence imbued into them. Waters that are sentient. Waters that glowed with varied brightness. When creating their world, they designed it with an elegance and strength. A flowing realm that moved as one force. United together, flowing together, working together. In doing so they helped create one of the elementals. Beings that had bodies of the elements but were of a lower sentience and strength than the Atranoch's.
-Elemental Types: When the Atranoch's decided to form their world based on both Reality and Surreality, they found that they enjoyed the appearance of the many elements in the worlds. This inspiration led them to give themselves bodies of said elements, becoming the very concept and state of them. There are ten elements the Atranoch's take the forms of. Inferno. Aquatic. Earth. Glacier. Wind. Storm. Magma. Metal. Nature. Light. And Darkness. There is actually a twelfth element but none of the Atranoch's know what this is. For this group had hidden themselves somewhere within Elentros. The element Aquatic is the very essence, concept and ideas of water itself. Water in it's purest form is flowing, graceful, and elegant. It seeks other water sources out and unites to become greater together than it was alone. It can also be powerful and destructive as well however, particularly when defending it's own. Whether at peace or in combat, water is the very definition of unity.
-Body & Age: All Atranoch's have different elemental bodies, but each of them share similar characteristics to the others. The most common one is that each atranoch lives up to about nine hundred years. While time only semi-exists in Elentros, it touches the dimension enough to effect the Atranoch's. However instead of 'dying' they reincarnate. Their body dissolves, losing it's somewhat physical form. Becoming only the original idea of the Atranoch itself. It is then reformed into a physical manifestation. Only this time, it's name, personality, and quirks are all completely different than it's predecessor. Even it's memories will be wiped. It is because of this that the Atranoch had begun creating a sort of library. An entire world dedicated to storing knowledge for future generations to learn. This 'library' is far more massive than anything in Reality. They have no need to sleep or eat either. And if they do they prefer to consume their own element.
An Aquatic Atranoch's body is made entirely out of water. Because of this, even when giving itself a physical, or even human form. It doesn't have a true body of flesh and bone. While it's body can be solid, and become dry at will in it's human form, their body doesn't react to other things in the same way. They can smell, see, taste and hear things just like any other being, but they receive sensory overload in a different manner. Certain smells can't cause normal reactions such as sneezing, nausea, etc. But if there are too many smells, or if the smells are far too potent, it can make an Atranoch somewhat dizzy and unable to focus on much at all. Being sprayed in the eyes doesn't hurt the Atranoch but can block their vision (unless they're in their true form, in which they can simply shift their eyes of water around with the rest of their body for clear vision). Hearing intense sounds doesn't hurt either but does make it dizzy and unable to focus. This however is against normal conditions. If effected by talent or trait that acts more magical than natural, it's more likely to effect them.
-Personalities: Aquatic Atranoch are very calm and social beings. To call them peace keepers in Reality would be preaching to the choir. Aquatic Atranoch's are patient, taking the time to learn about the people around them and their culture and rules before taking action. It's usually easy for them to connect with others on an emotional level as friends, allies, protectors, and they are usually the sort to think about others just as much as themselves. If you say or do something that can be taken as aggressive to a friend or ally of theirs however, they become very aggressive. Above all, they protect their family and friends.
-Summoning: All Atranoch's cannot just walk into Reality. In order to enter said dimension they must be summoned by one from the dimension in question. This summoning could be in the form of a spell. Ritual. Gateway. Etc. However what each summoning process must do is grant them a physical manifestation which they can take on. Otherwise it would be harmful to look upon them as they are part Surreality, which species from Reality couldn't comprehend. Once summoned, an Atranoch will be bound by their summoner. When the summoner dies, or the Atranoch's manifestation breaks, the Atranoch will be sent back to Elentros. Atranoch's seek to be summoned to either study the dimension in person, or seek to help the inhabitants with their own skills and powers. Atranoch's personality can change the longer they spend time with the inhabitants of Reality. They may grow wiser, kinder, darker, etc. These changes don't effect them much in Elentros, but they can greatly effect Reality if they're summoned a second, third, forth, etc. time.
Traits: List of traits for the species. These are inherent positive quirks of the species that almost all members should have as a baseline. For every 2 traits a species must also have 1 flaw.
- Daily Dew: Being the very incarnation and concept of water, Aquatic Atranoch can fill the air with moisture. Whether this is by forming dew on the ground, or summoning a light to moderate rain. they can also absorb any water around them, drying the area around them while moisturizing themselves further.
- Flash Flood: Aquatic Atranoch don't need to be near a source of water to fight. They can conjure and control water out of nowhere, though the more water they conjure the more energy they consume (controlling water produced by talents of other people require's OOC permission). An example being a torrent of water costs less than a tidal wave.
- Saturated: Aquatic Atranoch are made of water, and as such: very wet. This grants them a resistance against both natural and talent produced water attacks out there. They can make their human form feel dry at will as well. Dousing an Atranoch makes them more comfortable and relaxed.
- Bountiful Beverage: As stated above, Atranoch's require no food or sleep to sustain their body. They can however consume their own element from outside sources. Doing this can restore any energy they had consumed before. Different temperatures of the water produce different flavors for Atranoch's. If the water is cold, it will taste sweet. If the water is hot, it will taste spicy. If warm, a balance of flavors. If the water is polluted it will taste sour.
- Home Advantage: When an Aquatic Atranoch is in an area that is humid, damp or moist, it's physical abilities will be enhanced in general.
- Cleansing: An Aquatic Atranoch knows that one of the element of water's purpose is to cleanse disease and corruption away. Whether it's gently cleaning the wound, or forcefully destroying everything for a fresh start. Based on this knowledge they can apply this to their own powers. They can produce a water that shines brightly, purifying anything it touches. Purging any and all diseases, whether traditional or magical. The stronger the disease however, the more power and force needed to purge it.
- Trace of Elentros: While an Aquatic Atronach is made entirely out of water in it's liquid form, it can switch between states. Shifting from liquid water, to vapor (it's gas form), and solid water that is in fact still a liquid and not ice. When physical they can push/pull/block/etc.
- Torrential Force: Aquatic Atranoch's are generally calm. However when provoked, they can summon a powerful torrent of strength and force to use against their enemies, amplifying one's strength by +2.
- Collective: Even when an Aquatic Atranoch is not with others, it is not alone. Every molecule of water in an Atranoch is alive. Each forms a colony, and each colony a group. This continues on. They work together to regenerate energy quicker than normal. +1 Stamina.
- Analyst: This trait depends on the Atranoch itself. If the Atranoch has spent some time studying Surreality, they will have developed a heightened sense of observation, and can analyze a situation or person swiftly yet accordingly. This of course doesn't grant them the ability to read minds or automatically know what something/someone is. It only allows them to notice certain details in or outside of combat.
Flaws: List of flaws for the species. These are inherent negative quirks of the species that almost all members should have as a baseline. For every 2 traits a species must have 1 flaw.
- Supersaturation: Due to the fact that Aquatic Atranoch's are entirely made out of water, they do not get sick the way we do (Germs would be pushed out or drown in the unnatural water with nothing to infect). However they do get sick if they stay in dry areas for too long. They end up being supersaturated, where their human form slowly turns into water and vapor, becoming more tired and weak as the time passes. If they remain in the heat an hour after passing out they lose their form and return to Elentros.
- Chilling Truth: While an Aquatic Atranoch has ways to avoid most attacks, by transforming from pure liquid to vapor or solid liquid, then back again, there is one element that can truly overtake them: Ice. While electricity is the immediate first thought of weakness, water can simply channel the electricity through it's body like fire benders do in the Avatar, redirecting it. Whereas with ice their body instantly freezes, crossing into another element entirely and thus losing control of frozen limbs.
- Allergic: An Aquatic Atranoch can consume water of any sort in order to regain energy and satisfy itself. However with every other element they are rather, allergic. Consuming an element that is not it's own will not restore it's energy and stamina, but instead sap at it. If an Aquatic Atranoch is foolish enough to eat other elements, forced to, or tricked into doing so while at already very low energy, their material form may or may not dissolve, forcing them back to Elentros.
- Cumbersome: An Aquatic Atranoch can be very strong indeed, and can store more energy than others. However when it comes to speed it is hindered somewhat. Water can be deceptively heavy, and as such Aquatic Atranoch's aren't much faster than an average human. Even when they are firing projectile attacks, it requires additional energy in order to push it far enough and fast enough.
- Dependent: While Atranoch's can be powerful in a fully revived state, and especially so in their home field, their greatest weakness isn't their elemental weakness. It is in fact their summoner. They depend on their summoner to remain in Reality, or else they slip back into their own dimension. Because of this Atranoch's tend to be extra cautious with their summoner's and particularly protective of them. Regardless of whether they are by selfish or selfless reasons.