Jan 6, 2019 10:44:25 GMT -6
Post by Oras Aventra Auro on Jan 6, 2019 10:44:25 GMT -6
Name of Species: Inferno Atranoch
Baseline Dimension: Atranoch's are unique as they do not exist within the realm of Reality. Nor do they exist within the realm of Surreality. Their body can be whatever they wish it to be. Their realm they designed to be a mixture of both reality and surreality. They enjoyed the idea of the natural elements of reality, and thus based their world and bodies off of those. However they can also morph and shape their body, and their world, however way they see fit with their experience from surreality. When they are summoned into reality their body becomes truly physical. Despite this, they can still take whatever shape, size and appearance they wish to take, including having abnormal appendages. They have their true form, which is a body entirely made up of their appropriate element, as well as their human form. Each form can be whatever height or weight they desire to be.
Baseline Appearance: While the appearance they take on varies depending on the personality of the Atranach, most tend to choose colors and appearances that is similar to their specific element. Inferno Atranoch's in particular tend to have warm colors for their hair, eyes, and/or any tattoos and clothing. Their true form is automatically fire, however the color of their fire can vary depending on how hot the flame becomes (more detail in traits section). This is not to say that Atranoch's won't choose a style or color that doesn't fit with the inferno element, but to see an Atranoch do so is somewhat unusual and unique.
Culture/Origin of Species:
-Home World: Most species tend to come from Reality. A dimension in which there are laws of nature that keep everything in order. Stable. Flowing. And there are a few species that come from Surreality. An opposite or reverse dimension of Reality where anything is possible. Nothing is set or unchanging. These two dimensions rarely cross paths other than in the dreams of those in Reality. However there is another dimension that rests between the two of them, acting as a wall which keeps the two from clashing together. This dimension is known as Elentros (meaning neither). Within this dimension the Atranoch observed both Reality and Surreality. Learning what they could and building their worlds from their experience. They created whole worlds made of physical matter after having observed what matter was and how it worked in Reality, but also designed it loosely so that it could be changed however way they needed it after watching events in Surreality. Slowly but surely they developed their own world and system unique to either realms. They were even able to create their own forms rather than just be a thought or state. Though even then they did not have a true physical body. For they were still between dimensions.
The Inferno Atranoch's had created their own world separate from the other elements. As one would imagine it is a world of flame, but not like our own. Their fires had variety. Colors of any sort of their choosing. Fires that could be physical at will. Fires that had true life and essence in them. Fires that were sentient. The Atranoch's developed their world, enjoying the beauty of their element. And in doing so they worked together to create one of the elementals. Beings that had bodies made of elements, but were of a lower sentience and strength than the Atranoch's.
-Elemental Types: When the Atranoch's decided to form their world based on both Reality and Surreality, they found that they enjoyed the appearance of the many elements in the worlds. This inspiration led them to give themselves bodies of said elements, becoming the very concept and state of them. There are ten elements the Atranoch's take the forms of. Inferno. Aquatic. Earth. Glacier. Wind. Storm. Magma. Metal. Nature. Light. And Darkness. There is actually a twelvth element but none of the Atranoch's know what this is. For this group had hidden themselves somewhere within Elentros. The element inferno is the very essence, concept and ideas of fire itself. Fire in it's purest form is something of beauty, elegance. It's appearance is mesmerizing to see. When fire destroys it is either purifying or renewing. To purify is to destroy and purge without limits. To renew is continuing the circle of life by replacing the old with something new.
-Body & Age: All Atranoch's have different elemental bodies, but each of them share similar characteristics to the others. The most common one is that each atranoch lives up to about nine hundred years. While time only semi-exists in Elentros, it touches the dimension enough to effect the Atranoch's. However instead of 'dying' they reincarnate. Their body dissolves, losing it's somewhat physical form. Becoming only the original idea of the Atranoch itself. It is then reformed into a physical manifestation. Only this time, it's name, personality, and quirks are all completely different than it's predecessor. Even it's memories will be wiped. It is because of this that the Atranoch had begun creating a sort of library. An entire world dedicated to storing knowledge for future generations to learn. This 'library' is far more massive than anything in Reality. They have no need to sleep or eat either. And if they do they prefer to consume their own element.
An Inferno Atranoch's body is made entirely out of fire. Because of this, even when giving itself a physical, or even human form. It doesn't have a true body of flesh and bone. While it's body can be solid, and prevent anyone from being burned when they touch it, their body doesn't react to other things in the same way. They can smell, see, taste and hear things just like any other being, but they receive sensory overload in a different manner. Certain smells can't cause normal reactions such as sneezing, nausea, etc. But if there are too many smells, or if the smells are far too potent, it can make an Atranoch somewhat dizzy as it tries to process the smells. Being sprayed in the eyes doesn't hurt the Atranoch but does block it's vision. Hearing intense sounds doesn't hurt the Atranoch but does make it dizzy and unable to focus on much at all. This however is against normal conditions. If effected by a talent or trait that applies a more magical touch to such things, then it is more likely to be effected by them.
-Personalities: Inferno Atranoch are very passionate about anything they do. Regardless of what their goal is, their motivation is very difficult to break. Their enthusiasm depends on their mood, and depending on their mood they can be joyful, excited, focused, or wrathful. When an Inferno Atranoch's mood is set, one will be hard pressed to change it. While each Atranoch is different. Inferno Atranoch's are more inclined to be impatient. This is due to their passion when performing any task. They pour their heart and soul into their work, and eagerly await the end result.
-Summoning: All Atranoch's cannot just walk into Reality. In order to enter said dimension they must be summoned by one from the dimension in question. This summoning could be in the form of a spell. Ritual. Gateway. Etc. However what each summoning process must do is grant them a physical manifestation which they can take on. Otherwise it would be harmful to look upon them as they are part Surreality, which species from Reality couldn't comprehend. Once summoned, an Atranoch will be bound by their summoner. When the summoner dies, or the Atranoch's manifestation breaks, the Atranoch will be sent back to Elentros. Atranoch's seek to be summoned to either study the dimension in person, or seek to help the inhabitants with their own skills and powers. Atranoch's personality can change the longer they spend time with the inhabitants of Reality. They may grow wiser, kinder, darker, etc. These changes don't effect them much in Elentros, but they can greatly effect Reality if they're summoned a second, third, forth, etc. time.
Traits: List of traits for the species. These are inherent positive quirks of the species that almost all members should have as a baseline. For every 2 traits a species must also have 1 flaw.
- Heatwave: Being the very incarnation and concept of fire, Inferno Atranoch automatically warm up the surrounding area by default. They can continue to raise the temperature to very high degrees. They can also absorb heat around them, cooling the area down for others while heating themselves up further.
- Abrupt Inferno: Another perk to being a being of pure fire is that they are able to conjure and control flames in an instant (Controlling flames produced by talents of other people requires OOC permission). The color and strength of the flames depends on the Atranoch's choice. Atranoch's can also color their flames however way they want, but the default coloring of flames is ranked by heat. Coolest to Hottest: Yellow. Orange. Red. Blue. Green. White. Black.
- Smoking: Inferno Atranoch are naturally very hot, as their body is made of pure, albeit physical fire. This grants them a resistance against both natural and talent produced fire attacks out there. They can prevent others from feeling this heat at will as well. Burning an Atranoch makes them more comfortable and energetic.
- Hot Snack: As stated above, Atranoch's require no food or sleep to sustain their body. They can however consume their own element from outside sources. Doing this can restore any energy they had consumed before. Different type of flames produce different flavors for Atranoch's. If the fire was produced by burning something, the Atranoch will taste what was burned as an aftertaste. Example: If someone burned marshmallows, the Atranoch will taste marshmallows when consuming it's flame.
- Home Advantage: When an Inferno Atranoch is in an area that is ninety degrees fahrenheit and up, it's physical abilities will be enhanced in general.
- Renewal: An Inferno Atranoch knows that the original use for fire was to renew the life of a forest. To remove the old trees and brush, making room for new life which seeks to grow. Based on this knowledge they can apply this to their own powers. They can produce fires that destroy and/or replace wounds. Burning away any misplaced flesh, bone or organs, and replacing them instantly.
- Trace of Elentros: While an Inferno Atranoch is made entirely out of flames, it's possible for them to convert their flame from a phasing substance into a physical one. They can switch between the two at will, allowing them to either let objects phase through them, or them phase around something. Or become physical and push/pull/block/etc.
- Burning Force: Inferno Atranoch's are very potent when it comes to their fire. It burns bright and strong in it's purest form, and when in a physical form has much force behind it, amplifying one's strength by +2.
- Blazing Whirlwind: Inferno Atranoch are powerful, but they are also lightweight and fast. Not only on the ground, but they are also able to direct where they go in the air, giving them a somewhat flying ability. +1 speed.
- Analyst: This trait depends on the Atranoch itself. If the Atranoch has spent some time studying Surreality, they will have developed a heightened sense of observation, and can analyze a situation or person swiftly yet accordingly. This of course doesn't grant them the ability to read minds or automatically know what something/someone is. It only allows them to notice certain details in or outside of combat.
Flaws: List of flaws for the species. These are inherent negative quirks of the species that almost all members should have as a baseline. For every 2 traits a species must have 1 flaw.
- Winter Fever: Due to the fact that Inferno Atranoch's are made entirely out of fire, they do not get sick the way we do (Germs would just die before getting near them, and there would be nothing to infect anyway). However they do get sick if their temperature gets too low. They end up getting a fever and becoming weak if made too cold. If their temperature ever reaches negative fifty degrees fahrenheit, they are close to losing their material form and returning to Elentros.
- Washable: While an Inferno Atranoch can in fact survive most hits by turning to pure flames and phasing around the attack, there is one thing they cannot phase through, around, or block: Water. Even if they gain physical form and try to block water, they feel the full force of it and will be in great pain because of it. Against other elements they are persistent, but if an Inferno Atranoch cannot find a way to neutralize an enemy's water attacks, their chances of winning are slim.
- Allergic: An Inferno Atranoch can consume flames of any sort in order to regain energy and satisfy itself. However with every other element they are rather, allergic. Consuming an element that is not it's own will not restore it's energy and stamina, but instead sap at it. If an Inferno Atranoch is foolish enough to eat other elements, forced to, or tricked into doing so while at already very low energy, their material form may or may not dissolve, forcing them back to Elentros.
- Vulnerable: An Inferno Atranoch is powerful in offensive states, but when it comes to defense all it has is it's phasing attribute. If it's in a physical form and not a phasing fire, then it's body is vulnerable to any attack. Unless the Atranoch manages to find some kind of armor that is heat resistant and strong enough to endure blows, or if they themselves manage to train and learn/grow in the art of defense, they are a glass canon in a physical form.
- Dependent: While Atranoch's can be powerful in a fully revived state, and especially so in their home field, their greatest weakness isn't their elemental weakness. It is in fact their summoner. They depend on their summoner to remain in Reality, or else they slip back into their own dimension. Because of this Atranoch's tend to be extra cautious with their summoner's and particularly protective of them. Regardless of whether they are by selfish or selfless reasons.