Mar 17, 2019 21:08:56 GMT -6
Post by Oras Aventra Auro on Mar 17, 2019 21:08:56 GMT -6
Name of Species: Glacier Atranoch
Baseline Dimension: Atranoch's are unique as they do not exist within the realm of Reality. Nor do they exist within the realm of Surreality. Their body can be whatever they wish it to be. Their realm they designed to be a mixture of both reality and surreality. They enjoyed the idea of the natural elements of reality, and thus based their world and bodies off of those. However they can also morph and shape their body, and their world, however way they see fit with their experience from surreality. When they are summoned into reality their body becomes truly physical. Despite this, they can still take whatever shape, size and appearance they wish to take, including having abnormal appendages. They have their true form, which is a body entirely made up of their appropriate element, as well as their human form. Each form can be whatever height or weight they desire to be.
Baseline Appearance: While the appearance they take on varies depending on the personality of the Atranach, most tend to choose colors and appearances that is similar to their specific element. Glacier Atranochs in particular tend to have white, silver, light gray or very light blue for their hair, eyes, and/or any tattoos and clothing. Their true form is automatically ice, however the color of their ice can vary between cyan blue to white depending on how cold the Atranoch is. This is not to say that Atranoch's won't choose a style or color that doesn't fit with the glacier element, but to see an Atranoch do so is somewhat unusual and unique.
Culture/Origin of Species:
-Home World: Most species tend to come from Reality. A dimension in which there are laws of nature that keep everything in order. Stable. Flowing. And there are a few species that come from Surreality. An opposite or reverse dimension of Reality where anything is possible. Nothing is set or unchanging. These two dimensions rarely cross paths other than in the dreams of those in Reality. However there is another dimension that rests between the two of them, acting as a wall which keeps the two from clashing together. This dimension is known as Elentros (meaning neither). Within this dimension the Atranoch observed both Reality and Surreality. Learning what they could and building their worlds from their experience. They created whole worlds made of physical matter after having observed what matter was and how it worked in Reality, but also designed it loosely so that it could be changed however way they needed it after watching events in Surreality. Slowly but surely they developed their own world and system unique to either realms. They were even able to create their own forms rather than just be a thought or state. Though even then they did not have a true physical body. For they were still between dimensions.
The Glacier Atranoch's had created their own world separate from the other elements. As one would imagine it is a world of ice, but not like our own. Their ice could take on many forms, shift between shades of cyan to white. Ice that had life and essence within them. The Atranoch's developed their world, enjoying the beauty of their element. And in doing so they worked together to create one of the elementals. Beings that had bodies made of elements, but were of a lower sentience and strength than the Atranoch's.
-Elemental Types: When the Atranoch's decided to form their world based on both Reality and Surreality, they found that they enjoyed the appearance of the many elements in the worlds. This inspiration led them to give themselves bodies of said elements, becoming the very concept and state of them. There are ten elements the Atranoch's take the forms of. Inferno. Aquatic. Earth. Glacier. Wind. Storm. Magma. Metal. Nature. Light. And Darkness. There is actually a twelvth element but none of the Atranoch's know what this is. For this group had hidden themselves somewhere within Elentros. The element glacier is the very essence, concept and ideas of ice and frost itself. Ice in it's purest sense and form is the state of silence and peace. Where all activity ceases and one is able to admire the beauty in the world, ice itself casting glimpses of said beauty by sparkling in the light. In a sense, the true essence of ice is to help one slow down, and see the world in a different manner.
-Body & Age: All Atranoch's have different elemental bodies, but each of them share similar characteristics to the others. The most common one is that each atranoch lives up to about nine hundred years. While time only semi-exists in Elentros, it touches the dimension enough to effect the Atranoch's. However instead of 'dying' they reincarnate. Their body dissolves, losing it's somewhat physical form. Becoming only the original idea of the Atranoch itself. It is then reformed into a physical manifestation. Only this time, it's name, personality, and quirks are all completely different than it's predecessor. Even it's memories will be wiped. It is because of this that the Atranoch had begun creating a sort of library. An entire world dedicated to storing knowledge for future generations to learn. This 'library' is far more massive than anything in Reality. They have no need to sleep or eat either. And if they do they prefer to consume their own element.
A Glacier Atranoch's body is made entirely out of ice. Because of this, even when giving itself a physical, or even human form. It doesn't have a true body of flesh and bone. While it's body is solid, and prevent anyone from feeling extremely cold by touching them, their body doesn't react to other things in the same way. They can smell, see, taste and hear things just like any other being, but they receive sensory overload in a different manner. Certain smells can't cause normal reactions such as sneezing, nausea, etc. But if there are too many smells, or if the smells are far too potent, it can make an Atranoch somewhat dizzy as it tries to process the smells. Being sprayed in the eyes doesn't hurt the Atranoch but does block it's vision. Hearing intense sounds doesn't hurt the Atranoch but does make it dizzy and unable to focus on much at all. This however is against normal conditions. If effected by a talent or trait that applies a more magical touch to such things, then it is more likely to be effected by them.
-Personalities: Glacier Atranoch are perhaps the most perceptive based element of the others. Being the kind of individuals to take a breath, take a step back, they enjoy seeing the world as it is and can find the positive quickly. At the same time, Glacier Atranoch are less inclined to tolerate anything or anyone that disrupts the beauty of the world, and are inclined to change it or remove it to restore things to normal. Glacier Atranoch prefer things not to change but can adapt to change nonetheless. In edition to this, while they can be calm most of the time, it is just as easily possible to work them up. When angered their speed and strength is revealed in their retaliation, often referred to as a relentless blizzard upon being provoked.
-Summoning: All Atranoch's cannot just walk into Reality. In order to enter said dimension they must be summoned by one from the dimension in question. This summoning could be in the form of a spell. Ritual. Gateway. Etc. However what each summoning process must do is grant them a physical manifestation which they can take on. Otherwise it would be harmful to look upon them as they are part Surreality, which species from Reality couldn't comprehend. Once summoned, an Atranoch will be bound by their summoner. When the summoner dies, or the Atranoch's manifestation breaks, the Atranoch will be sent back to Elentros. Atranoch's seek to be summoned to either study the dimension in person, or seek to help the inhabitants with their own skills and powers. Atranoch's personality can change the longer they spend time with the inhabitants of Reality. They may grow wiser, kinder, darker, etc. These changes don't effect them much in Elentros, but they can greatly effect Reality if they're summoned a second, third, forth, etc. time.
Traits: List of traits for the species. These are inherent positive quirks of the species that almost all members should have as a baseline. For every 2 traits a species must also have 1 flaw.
- Chill: Being the very incarnation and concept of ice, Glacier Atranoch automatically chill the surrounding area by default. They can continue to drop the temperature to very freezing degrees. They can also absorb the cold around them, warming the area down for others while cooling themselves up further.
- FlashFreeze: As beings made entirely of ice, and being channelers of ice, they have the ability to conjure and control ice in an instant (controlling ice produced by talents of other people requires OOC permission). In addition they can freeze any unenchanted object or being (freezing characters requires OOC permission).
- Frosty: Glacier Atranoch are naturally very cold, as their body is made of pure ice. This grants them a resistance against both natural and talent produced ice, snow and cold attacks out there. They can prevent others from feeling this cold at will as well. Cooling an Atranoch makes them more comfortable and energetic.
- Cool Desert: As stated above, Atranoch's require no food or sleep to sustain their body. They can however consume their own element from outside sources. Doing this can restore any energy they had consumed before. Different type of ice and snow produce different flavors for Atranoch's. Frost, ice, snow, even frozen foods like ice cream provide their own unique tastes.
- Home Advantage: When a Glacier Atranoch is in an area that is fourty degrees fahrenheit and below, it's physical abilities will be enhanced in general.
- Comfy Snow: A Glacier Atranoch knows that the true strength of ice lies in it's ability to stop anything. By utilizing this strength, Glacier Atranoch's can generate snow that possesses the ability to heal wounds. By placing it on the injury in question, it can help to freeze the wound close, and even reverse the effects of the damage.
- Trace of Elentros: While a Glacier Atranoch is made entirely out of ice, it's possible for them to convert their ice from a physical substance into a semi phasing one. By shattering their body into shards, or even dust, they can move through the air, through and around objects, and if small enough, through very tiny cracks. They can even alter their ice to phase through objects if need be.
- Freezing Force: Glacier Atranoch's are very potent when it comes to their ice. Unlike natural ice, theirs is very powerful in it's pure form. When being used in it's truest state, it amplify one's strength by +2.
- Swift Blizzard: Glacier Atranoch are powerful, but they are also lightweight and fast. Being able to reshape their body ever so slightly their movement speed on the ground and in the sky. +1 speed.
- Analyst: This trait depends on the Atranoch itself. If the Atranoch has spent some time studying Surreality, they will have developed a heightened sense of observation, and can analyze a situation or person swiftly yet accordingly. This of course doesn't grant them the ability to read minds or automatically know what something/someone is. It only allows them to notice certain details in or outside of combat.
Flaws: List of flaws for the species. These are inherent negative quirks of the species that almost all members should have as a baseline. For every 2 traits a species must have 1 flaw.
- Summer Cold: Due to the fact that Glacier Atranoch's are made entirely out of ice, they do not get sick the way we do (Germs would just die before getting near them, and there would be nothing to infect anyway). However they do get sick if their temperature gets too high. They end up getting a cold and becoming weak if made too hot. If their temperature ever reaches one hundred and twenty degrees fahrenheit, they are close to losing their material form and returning to Elentros.
- Pyrophobic: While a Glacier Atranoch can in fact survive most hits by thickening the ice of their body and or even phasing through solid objects, there is one thing they cannot phase through, around, or block: Fire. Even if they physically phase and try to avoid fire, they feel the full force of it and will be in great pain because of it. Against other elements they are persistent, but if a Glacier Atranoch cannot find a way to neutralize an enemy's fire attacks, their chances of winning are slim.
- Allergic: A Glacier Atranoch can consume ice of any sort in order to regain energy and satisfy itself. However with every other element they are rather, allergic. Consuming an element that is not it's own will not restore it's energy and stamina, but instead sap at it. If a Glacier Atranoch is foolish enough to eat other elements, forced to, or tricked into doing so while at already very low energy, their material form may or may not dissolve, forcing them back to Elentros.
- Fragile: A Glacier Atranoch is powerful in offensive states, but when it comes to defense all it has is it's 'Trace of Elentros' trait. Unless they have a talent that grants them increased defenses of some form or shape, it's body will shatter after receiving strong blows. While they do not die upon impacts, they will be somewhat weakened. Unless they can practice the art of self defense or harden their body through training, they remain a glass cannon.
- Dependent: While Atranoch's can be powerful in a fully revived state, and especially so in their home field, their greatest weakness isn't their elemental weakness. It is in fact their summoner. They depend on their summoner to remain in Reality, or else they slip back into their own dimension. Because of this Atranoch's tend to be extra cautious with their summoner's and particularly protective of them. Regardless of whether they are by selfish or selfless reasons.